Today is my lucky day. 40 years ago today, my parents were married. Before you say “Awww…”, I will tell you that they have now been divorced as long as they were actually married, but still, without March 17, 1972, I would not exist. And for that, I am grateful. There are a few other things for which I am eternally grateful and I will share them with you now and end with a delicious recipe.
1) I am grateful that although E has strep throat (for the second time this year), we go to a great pediatric practice that sees us quickly, acts like they remember us and keeps the antibiotics flowing.
2) I am grateful that today was blissfully unscheduled. By some miracle, there was nothing more than karate class on the schedule, so there was nothing more than that to miss since E has strep (see #1 above).
3) I am grateful that although my husband travels for work, he never has to be away on the weekends and we can spend days like today.
4) I am grateful for Star Wars. Kooky as that may sound, I find that I am intrigued, and in love with the parallel reality that my guys (all three of them) enter when they play/watch/become Star Wars. I adore it and I wouldn’t trade it for all the Barbies and My Little Ponies in the world. I have gone to the Dark Side and I am never coming back.
5) I am grateful that my sweet hairdresser gave Leo his first official haircut for free today. He looks even more cherubic than usual IF THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE.
6) I am grateful for that squiggly red line under misspelled words.
7) I am grateful that a night like tonight can take place. Scott and I just hung out at home after the kids were in bed and had as much fun as we ever have. We have had some ridiculously debaucherous evenings in some extremely glamorous and exciting places like Hong Kong, New York, Greece and Las Vegas, but nights like this at home remind me that we don’t need to go away for magic to happen. This brings me to my recipe:
A GOOD NIGHT
1 board game ( I recommend Rummikub! And at least 5 rounds.)
1 bottle of Reisling (per person. yeah!)
5-6 frozen strawberries (1 for each glass of wine)
1 bag of M&Ms
Pandora (on a hip hop station)
Mix all ingredients vigorously and spread out on the dining room table. Enjoy at once.
Now, you may be wondering why I’m on the computer. Wonder no more, because I’m done. I told him I was just “turning off the computer”. Even I can be done with that in less than 10 minutes. Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Now go get lucky!